What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is a collection of practices used to increase a website’s ranking in the search results for relevant keywords. It has become more and more important in recent times because search engines such as Google have become better and better at generating sales leads. Combined with the rising number of people who research online before buying products and service because of the increasing convenience of mobile devices, this means that modern real estate businesses cannot perform at their best without SEO.
SEO Tips for Your Real Estate Marketing
Here are some SEO tips that can be used in real estate marketing:
- You need to make sure that your website has sufficient server resources to accommodate all of the traffic that you expect to see. In fact, you should have more server resources than you actually expect to need so that you will have a small reserve just in case. Doing so is important because insufficient server resources mean that your website will slow down, which can send its ranking plummeting if it is a persistent problem. Fortunately, this is an issue with a simple solution, particularly if you are renting server resources from a web hosting company.
- With the rise of social media, search engines have placed more and more emphasis on social media-related factors such as the number of likes, the number of clicks, and even the number of shares. As a result, your website should be a part of your online presence rather than the entire thing, since you need social media accounts as well to feed your SEO efforts.
- The surest way to collect likes, clicks, and shares with social media accounts is to be genuinely interesting to real estate consumers as well as other people involved in the real estate market. Generally speaking, this means posting useful content that would interest said individuals. However, it is important to remember that sharing the right content can also produce beneficial effects. Simply put, the more that you engage with your target base in a genuine manner, the better your chances of getting what you want for your SEO efforts.
- Different search engines assign different weights to different factors. For example, some search engines emphasize some social media websites more than others, with Google and Google+ being the most well-known examples. Since Google is the most used search engine by a wide margin, you may want to consider spending most of your social media time on Google+ rather than other social media websites. Proper prioritization is key.
- Your website needs to be responsive, meaning that it should be able to automatically change its layout to ensure an optimal viewing experience, no matter the computing platform being used to access it. This is important because the increasing convenience of mobile devices means that more and more people are using them to browse websites, particularly when they are out shopping.
- Get a specialist to do an audit of your website on an annual basis. By doing so, you ensure that your website keeps up-to-date with the latest SEO practices, which is important because search engines are constantly changing their algorithms to provide better service to their users.
Please contact us to learn more about real estate marketing, which ensures that your real estate business will have the constant stream of sales leads needed to keep it running smoothly.