Why Do You Need a Good Headshot?
If you are in the real estate business, you need to make sure that your personal brand is as strong as it can be. After all, a personal brand is what makes you stand out among your competitors, thus increasing the number of people interested in your services while also making it that much easier for you to convince them to give you a chance. Since your personal brand is so dependent on your personal image, you need to make sure that you get a good headshot instead of settling for a selfie.
How Can You Ensure a Good Headshot?
You can use these tips to ensure a headshot that will be useful for your personal brand-building:
- You should not use props in your headshot because they provide no benefit that is worth the potential consequences. Even in the best case scenario, props will distract your potential clients from your face, which is problematic because you want your headshot to tell them all about who you are and what you are like. In the worst case scenario, a bad choice of props can make you seem silly, which is directly counter to your goal of seeming skilled and reliable.
- Make sure to use the services of a photographer since you want the best headshot that you can get. Other than their photo-taking services, a good photographer can also do a little touch-up so that you get exactly what you want from your headshot. In some cases, they can even provide you with useful advice about making the most use of your headshot, particularly if they serve other real estate professionals as well.
- There are some professions for which a scowl sets the right impression, but real estate isn’t one of them. As a result, you should always strive to smile in your headshots so that you seem friendly to your potential clients. Similarly, you should make sure that your body language is open and relaxed so that your potential clients won’t lose their confidence in your abilities.
- Be sure to wear something in which you are comfortable. For example, if you find suits too stiff for you, you should not hesitate to switch your suit to a more casual feel. Of course, you need to remember that your headshot is meant to show you at your best as a real estate professional, meaning that there is a limit to how much you can stray from the standard. For example, you should always wear something with sleeves since you are a real estate professional rather than a building contractor.
- Finally, you should make sure to update your headshot from time to time so that what your clients see is what they will actually get. A successful business relationship is reliant on mutual trust, meaning that you should never give your clients a reason to doubt what you say even if it seems insignificant. After all, small mistakes have the potential to become big problems when professionals least expect them.
If you are interested in learning more about making the most use of your headshot, please contact us to speak with a member of our team at your earliest convenience. This is a longstanding issue among real estate professionals, meaning that a little time and effort spent on searching can produce a mountain of useful information.